Who can be a part of the LSU 100?
The LSU 100 celebrates the success of LSU graduates and recognizes the impact of LSU on the local, regional, and national economies. Companies are confidentially ranked by Postlethwaite & Netterville by the companies’ compounded annual growth rate.
The company must meet all four of the following criteria:
- The company must have been in business for 5 years or more as of December 31, 2021.
- The company’s revenues must have been $100,000 or more in each of the calendar years from 2019 – 2021.
- The company must be LSU Tiger-led or Tiger-owned for the program time frame of January 1, 2019 thru December 31, 2021.
- The company and its Tiger Leaders and/or Founders must act with high integrity and operate in a manner consistent with the values and image of LSU. To demonstrate the values and image of LSU, one should
- Accept responsibility for their actions;
- Hold oneself and others to the highest standards of academic, personal and social integrity;
- Practice justice, equality and compassion in human relations;
- Respect the dignity of all persons;
- Respect the environment, uphold the law, and respect the rights and property of others;
- Contribute positively to LSU as well as to the national and global community.
What does it mean to be LSU Tiger-led or owned by LSU Tigers?
The company must meet one or more of the following three criteria:
- LSU owned means a graduate of LSU or a group of graduates from LSU must have owned 50% or more of the company for the time frame being measured.
- LSU led means a graduate of LSU serving as CEO, President or Managing Partner.
- LSU Founded means that a graduate of LSU founded the company and is still employed at the most senior level of management (C-Suite) if not serving as CEO, President or Managing Partner.
An LSU graduate will not be eligible for honoree recognition for more than three (3) separate companies in any given year.
A company may only rank #1 for two consecutive years. In the event that the company would have ranked #1 in a third year they will automatically be ranked second in that third year. This company may again earn the #1 ranking in the next two years.
LSU reserves the following rights: (1) To independently verify that nominees and honorees meet all criteria, (2) Reject any nominee for any reason, (3) Remove an honoree company from the LSU 100 list for any reason, and (4) Modify eligibility and requirements as needed without notification.